Thursday, October 11, 2012

Unpacking Christmas Decorations

Every year after Christmas I take the wrapping paper that is left over from gift wrapping and cut into smaller squares.  Then I stack all the squares in a pile.  I have the girls bring everything breakable that we used to decorate for Christmas and place it next to me on the floor.  Then I wrap each one in the wrapping paper and place into box next to me.  Then next Christmas when I unpack and decorate the girls get to practice opening presents.  They set in the floor and open carefully and place on table, then all I have to do is place the decorations where I need them.  I even will let the girls place a few items.  They love it and get excited about helping decorate.



The items I place in the box are not valuable.  All my valuable things go back in the original packaging to help them from getting broken.  I also place all those items up and out of reach of the little ones.  I like to put things around the house that they can touch ( it is Christmas after all) and I do not get stressed out over the small stuff.

Conclusion:  Kids get to open these presents early and I enjoy Christmas more.
Blogging tips